Saturday, May 24, 2008

She hates me. She really, really hates me.

I sure hope no one in my real life (besides Gypsy) is reading this.

There is a woman in my life right now who really hates me. I've been disliked before. I will confess, I'm like a big goofy puppy, full of energy and silliness and I know I can definitely get on peoples' nerves. But, I've only rarely been hated. I'm not the kind of person who usually inspires hatred. People usually love me, or they barely tolerate me.

But this woman, I'm the fingernails on her chalkboard.

So, she has nothing good to say to me, and in fact I think goes so far as to find ways to make my life a living hell. I don't know why she hates me, and perhaps it doesn't even matter. All that matters is that she does.

And, she's in a position to make my life unbearable. I'd fight her, in fact, she's almost pushed me to that point, but I'm not really sure how.

Mostly, I just would be happy if she would leave me the fuck alone, and I could just stay out of her way. But, apparently that isn't possible. So, instead, I have to figure out how to handle it. And so far, nothing I have done has worked.

I've worked really hard this year to rid my life of toxic people. People who have been controlling, co-dependent, passive-aggressive, or just downright mean. But, I have no way to get rid of her short of quitting my job. And, I love my job, and for the most part, I'm good at it. It's a job in a field I've spent my entire career working in, a field I love beyond all description, a field with a limited range of opportunities and places to work. And, I work for a really great company full of really great people. And somehow, one person has managed to make it unbearable.

I'm so fucked.

6 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

:(

Anonymous said...

She's jealous of you. Really. She is. I'm in kind of the same situation at my work except for there is only two of us in the office and one of them is my aunt and her daughter is my best friend. I'm not saying she hates me but I think she does things to piss me off on purpose. I work at a pool Co and I'm always reading up on new technology and products. She hates when I know something she doesn't. She actually contradicts me in front of a customers. She always wants me to answer the phone but doesn't like what I have to say because it's not what she would say. It drives me crazy and I'm at the point where I don't know what to do. As long as I agree with everything she says and does even though it sounds ridiculas and is wrong everything is fine.

but if I don't speak up on how I feel and what I know and what my opinion is then it's not me. You either hate me or love me and most people love me. And it bothers her that I spend a half hour talking to customers that annoy her. I get so frustrated with her that it builds up inside of me and eventually I explode. My therapist told me that she is jealous of me.

sorry it was so long but thanks for listening.

Martin said...

Next time she mouths off, walk right up and give her the mother of all bear hugs.

then smile, turn around and walk away.

I reckon you only need to repeat this a second time, max, before she totally leaves you the fuck alone.

Bittersweet Confusion said...

I had the same situation except the one who hated me was my BF's aunt (who ironically set us up in the first place). Thank god she was a consultant and her contract expired.

You don't have to quit... With luck she will... Sending girl quitting vibes your way.

Mister Crowley said...

Is she your mother-in-law (ex or present)? :)

Chris said...

Punch her in the tit! One of two things will happen. You will either show her that you are dominant and will no longer put up with her jackassery or you will start some lesbionic (my new word) behavior.

Either way I'm cool with it.